...an attempt to gradually compile all published Baha'i prayers in English

1/26/17

Women – Praise and gratitude, Detachment; “free in heart, happy in soul, cheerful in mind”; Teaching

O maid-servant of God! Commune with thy Lord, saying:

O my God! my God! Thanks be to Thee for guiding me unto Thy Kingdom, for opening before my face the door of Thy guidance, enlightening my eyes with beholding Thy signs, and filling my heart with the feelings of Thy love.

O Lord! O Lord! Make me severed from the world and void of its conditions, attracted by the fragrances of Thy holiness among Thy maid-servants, free in heart, happy in soul, cheerful in mind, longing for the Kingdom of Thy Beauty, and glowing with the fire of Thy love in the world. Thus may I enkindle the light of guidance in the hearts of Thy servants.

Verily, Thou art the Powerful, the Bestower, the Precious, the Mighty! 
- ‘Abdu’l-Baha  (‘Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, vol. 1)